We’re big fans of the Vango Radiate sleeping bag which uses innovative graphene heating elements to create a heated sleeping bag, but we’ve only just had the opportunity to try out their heated camp chair. Spoiler alert, It’s fantastic! Read on for our full review…
What is it?
Vango Radiate Grande DLX Chair from Outdoor World Direct RRP: £122
Overall Rating (4.5 / 5)
- Outdoor World Direct, £99.99
- Padded Seat and Backrest– superb comfort and luxury for any camper.
- Texturised Steel Frame– Strong and reliable structure, holding 180kg or 28 stone.
- Folds Flat– making it easier to store, and to transport.
- Folding Cushion – can be used as a headrest of support.
- Maximum Loading Weight– 180kg/28st 4lbs – ideal for the larger person.
- Hard Armrests – Comfortable and durable support.
- 7 Reclining Options – from lying down or upright seating positions.
- Power Bank Compatible– works from any power bank to provide plenty of heat and warmth.
- Touch Button Controller– 4 heat settings at the touch of a button
- Built-in Heat– must be connected to a power source, but offers excellent heat on a cool evening.
- Graphene Heat Element – using the most innovative materials, the heating panel is constructed from Graphene, and built into the chair.
- Pocket for Power Bank– For storing your power source.
- Radiate Heather Fabric – a durable a reliable fabric, which is soft-feeling, comfortable and quick-drying.
- This is a super sturdy and stable chair
- Comfortable armrests
- It heats up and keeps you warm
- Can be used in many different positions, from bolt upright to almost horizontal
- Nice colour and good quality fabric
- Moveable headrest
- Handy pocket to keep your power bank inside
- Folds flat and is very quick to put up or take down
- It’s quite bulky and heavy at 7.41kg
- Lacks padding
Whilst the deep red colour of the chair might not be to everyones taste, we quite liked it and the fabric iteself feels like it’s strong and durable.
One of the best things about the chair is the amount of positions you can choose to sit in. Bolt upright was our least favourite, but there are so many options, it’s impossible not to find a position that’s comfortable.
To adjust the seat back, you just lift the armrests to release and either lean back or pull the seat back forwards. We found adjusting position was nice and easy and that most positions were comfortable, though my husband soon claimed the chair for himself and spent our most recent camping trip almost horizontal on it for most of the time.
Of course, perhaps the biggest bonus of this chair is that it is heated! Just pop your USB power bank into the little pocket on the side, plug it in and press the button which has colour indicators to show you which heat setting its on.
Red is the hottest setting, so we generally used it on high and it heats up really fast, providing welcome warmth to the lower back region. Do bear in mind that it doesn’t come with a power bank, but all of the USB power banks we already have work with this chair.
Our only real gripe with this chair is that it could benefit from a little extra padding. It’s not really a problem when the seat back is in a more upright position, but when lying back, some extra padding, particularly along the lower back would really help, however we just popped a blanket there to make it more comfy.
You can also get a Vango Radiate heated cushion to pop onto the chair to give you extra warmth and extra padding, so that could be worth considering.
If you’re looking for a versatile chair for camping or caravanning that’s extremely sturdy, then the Vango Radiate Grande DLX Chair from Outdoor World Direct makes a really excellent choice.
If you’re a cold camper and feel the chill even when sitting beside the campfire, or you just want a chair you can snuggle up on inside your awning, then thanks to the addition of the heating element, the Vango Radiate Grande DLX Chair is definitely worth considering and as you can see from our overall 4.5/5 rating, we’re big fans!
DISCLOSURE | We were gifted the featured product by Outdoor World Direct. We were not paid to write this review.
Where to next?
- GEAR | Perfect For Autumn Camping, We Snuggle Up In The Vango Radiate Single Sleeping Bag – Review
- TENTS | Vango Stargrove II 450 AirBeam Tent From Outdoor World Direct – Review
- CAMPING GEAR | Vango Comfort 7.5 Single Self Inflating Mattress – Review
The post CAMPING GEAR | Vango Radiate Grande DLX Heated Camp Chair From Outdoor World Direct Review appeared first on Camping Blog Camping with Style | Travel, Outdoors & Glamping Blog.